Interested in this course? Email us at email@example.com
- 5 Videos
- 1 Text
- 5 PDFs
In this course we are going to learn all about knits!
Sewing With Knits & Three Piece Collection
- Types of knits: The Three Basics
- Best practices for sewing with knits: What to use, how to use it and why to use it.
- Seam finishes for knits: Learn how to finish your hems in four great and easy ways specifically for knits.
- Tips and tricks to get a great finish every time!
- The Perfect Fit Leggings: Drafted from scratch from your body measurements to assure proper fit.
- The Perfect Fit T-Shirt: Drafted from scratch using your body measurements to assure a great fitting t-shirt.
- The “Everyday” T-shirt Dress: Drafted from our t-shirt pattern with style variations.
- Sewing leggings, t-shirt and dress start to finish using all the tips and tricks learned in the course.
Mimi G. is a mother, businesswoman, and award-winning, trend expert and Editor-in-Chief of the popular fashion, lifestyle, and DIY blog, MimiGStyle.com. What started off as a hobby in her Los Angeles home in 2012, has blossomed into an international brand with a daily engagement of more than 1.1 million followers across all social media platforms and industry professionals. Mimi’s blog has become the vehicle by which she lives her passion; to empower and motivate women of all ages and walks of life to embrace their power, find their voice and to discover and walk in their purpose. Her tutorials on DIY sewing, self-empowerment, and lifestyle, receive an average of 12M page views annually and 575k unique visitors per month.
Since 2014, Mimi partnered with Simplicity Creative Group to license, design and market sewing patterns with the Mimi G Style for Simplicity Pattern Collection. The collection features over 35 patterns for the modern and curvy woman.
In 2016 Mimi founded SewItAcademy.com, an online sewing school, designed to be accessible and affordable for anyone interested in learning to sew. With over 8,000 enrolled students Mimi has created a community of people all learning a valuable skill, many of whom have started small businesses from the skills learned. Mimi then launched Sew It Academy Men and Sew It Academy Kids.
Mimi has collaborated with over 300 brands including Target, Google, Macy’s, ULTA, The Home Depot, The Recording Academy, Coca-Cola, Verizon, Kellog, Revlon, Steve Madden and more. She has been featured on Essence.com, InStyle Magazine, Vanity Fair, Rolling Out Magazine, and was awarded “Best Latina Blogger” by Hispanicize 2015. Mimi also made her television debut on Lifetime TV’s Project Runway Junior as a mentor and design consultant for the young designers.
In 2017 Mimi G launched the first ever multicultural, gender inclusive sewing magazine which features makers of all walks of life since the launch Mimi G has begun developing several web series as part of Mimi G studios which plans to launch in 2019. Earlier this year Mimi was featured in Gary Vaynerchuck’s most recent book, Crushing It and is the keynote speaker at Udemy 2018.
Visit www.mimigstyle.com for additional information.