I am so excited you are here so let me tell you how it works. Upon enrollment in the Sew It Academy, you get immediate access to Course #1 "Learn To Sew The Basics Part #1" where we cover all the things you need to know before getting started, like what is a sewing machine, how to set it up, work it and much more. You also get the first two projects along with several practice exercises to get you ready for the following month's course. Each month after your enrollment you will be given a new course that builds on the teachings of the previous course. With your monthly subscription of $11.97, you gain access to the Sew It Academy dashboard where courses are published monthly and access to the private Facebook group.
THINGS TO KNOW!
- Start with Course #1 and every month after that you will gain access to a brand new course that builds on the last.
- Cancel your membership at any time!
- Designed to be taken at YOUR pace.
- Your monthly membership is automatically deducted so you never miss a course.
- Courses never expire as long as you are a current paid member.
- For a list of FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS CLICK HERE
CHECK OUT WHAT THEY ARE SAYING...
- At first, I thought I would bypass the first part of the course because I've signed up for other beginners classes and was very bored that I wasn't learning anything new. Since the very first lesson, I learned so much! I am not a beginner but trust me, I have learned something from each and every lesson. I take extensive notes and Mimi does the most amazing job at being a teacher. This is clearly a gift because everyone isn't blessed to teach, make the material interesting - plus come up with very interesting projects. I have several friends that are on the wait list because they trust my opinion and are very excited to learn from the best. Mimi, you have reset the bar for what it means to learn to sew and the sky isn't even the limit for the success lying ahead for Sew It Academy! -Tonia Baker
- After spending hundreds of dollars on expensive out dated in-person sewing classes I was ecstatic to stumble across Mimi Goodwin while doing an online search of sewing blogs! Since then I have purchased all her tutorials and only dreamed of taking an on going sewing class under her instruction. The price for the amount of sewing education the students receive is unbelievable. I always had the desire to attend a Sewing School and now Im doing just that from the comfort of my home. I love how the filming is very clear, gives close ups, and shows different angles when demonstrating techniques. It's like being right beside her sewing one on one!!! I can't wait to learn even more with the Sew It Academy. This 1st month has been a dream come true! Thanks Mimi -Toy Stokes
- I enrolled in Mimi’s Sew It! Academy because I trust her. I trust her knowledge and I trust she is going to take her time in teaching me what I need to be a confident sewist. And if you didn't know - her fashion sense is on point! Mimi teaches in a way that makes it fun to learn and leaving you on edge for the next tutorial. If you have ever bought one of her tutorials, you know she knows what she is talking about and she teaches in a manner where anyone at any level can understand her. I am so grateful she decided to do this, I can not wait to see where all of my newfound knowledge takes me! Go Mimi! -Jackie Hines
FOR A LOOK AT COURSES 1-15 SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM upcoming courses are listed below.
COURSE #16 The Blazer (or sleeveless Jacket)
Learn to sew a fully lined blazer. We will learn techniques, finishings including a lining pocket and style variations.
Take the fear out of sewing a blazer with me!
COURSE #17 Fall Wardrobe/ Build A Fall Wardrobe From one Pattern
We will tackle a complete 4 piece summer wardrobe with one pattern and tons of modifications for endless ideas.
Fun course you don’t want to miss! (more details closer to course date)
COURSE #18 The Classic Trench
We will be making a classic trench coat with all the bells and whistles, learning techniques and variations.
This Jacket will be a staple in your wardrobe and will carry you through years to come.
COURSE #19 The Holiday Evening Dress
Learn to sew an evening dress with style and design ideas. Learn to work with silky and slippery fabrics.
Learn how to work with sequin and other special occasion fabrics including finishings.
A super fun course that will have you looking amazing for your holiday party.
COURSE #20 The Essential Coat
We will be making our very first coat! Style and design variations, techniques, working with bulky fabrics, fabric selections
and so much more.
FUTURE COURSES WILL BE POSTED AT THE END OF 2017